Patient Safety Awareness
Free book on Patient Advocacy – Giving Voice to Patients. Become a smarter patient !
When you fall ill, you are likely to be scared and confused. While your doctor can provide you with medical care, patients need much more than just prescriptions and pills.
- Emotional support and hand holding
- Information to understand your disease and to explore different treatment options
- Protection against medical errors and to ensure care is being properly coordinated
- Help with filling up forms and claiming reimbursement from the insurance company
- Help in communicating efficiently with doctors, getting a second opinion and navigating a hospital’s labyrinthine maze
Our book, Patient Advocacy – Giving Voice to Patients is now available free online at http://www.slideshare.net/malpani/dr-malpani-patient-advocacy This book explains what patient advocacy is, what patient advocates do and how they can help patients. Anyone who is ill or wants to help a person who is ill will find this book a useful resource. Please share this with your friends – we all need a helping hand especially when we are sick !